5G Systems Engineers – PHY and MAC Layer Research
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Systems
California – San Diego
Over the past thirty years, the Systems Group of Qualcomm Wireless Research and Development (R&D), based in San Diego, California, conceived of key innovations in wireless communication systems including 3G cdma2000, EV-DO, HSPA, 4G OFDMA based LTE-Advanced, Carrier Aggregation, HetNets, Small Cells, LTE in Unlicensed, LTE Direct, M2M (eMTC, NB-IoT), Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 802.11ax and is now spearheading 5G Research and Design.
We are looking for innovative engineers who develop deep understanding of problems through thoughtful data-driven analysis and then shepherd the solutions through the lab to real world deployment. Success requires developing an end-to-end view of systems across layers and across disciplines.
Individuals in this role will actively participate and contribute to Qualcomm’s Research systems engineering activities related to 5G, the evolution of 4G, WLAN and Satellite platform towards ever improved efficiency and capability. This includes theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to QUALCOMM’s IP portfolio, systems support for implementation, technical contributions towards proprietary or public air interface specifications. Extensive knowledge of radio communication theory and digital signal processing, Machine Learning, as well as solid background in cellular communication systems across PHY, MAC and Signaling layers.
We are looking for individuals who possess one or more of the following skills and experience:
• PHY and MAC Layers
• Mobile broadband, IoE, Mission Critical, Vehicular Communications
• Information theory, Coding theory, Adaptive filtering, Signal Detection and Estimation, Digital Communications
• Modem algorithms design, including channel and interference estimation, advanced receivers, decoders, tracking loops, techniques to mitigate RF distortions
• Interference and mobility management in radio access networks, interference cancellation, equalization, multi-user detection
• OFDMA and CDMA based FDD/TDD licensed/unlicensed systems
• Modem implementation experience
• Demonstrated skills in design of communications simulation tools
• RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1, X2, IP, UDP, TCP, HTTP protocols
• Radio access and core network design
• Programming skills in C/C++/MATLAB
• UNIX/Win/Linux computing platforms
Required: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.