The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant II Support for its Florida facility in the Facilities Department.
The Administrative Assistant II reports to the Facilities, Construction and Engineering Director and provides administrative and technical support for the Facilities and Building Services Departments. Primarily responsible for responding to maintenance and supplies requests and generating work order requests within the department and across the institution for the purpose of maintaining uninterrupted operations across the campus. Also provides support to the department through the maintenance of various budgets, contracts and permits and preparing correspondence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provides support and assistance to department staff in resolving such issues as Kronos time-keeping, placing orders and using the SciQuest online purchasing system, interacting with vendors, processing internal documents, etc.
• Acts as the Kronos backup approver to the department Supervisors during vacations.
• Answers and responds to trouble calls from a variety of sources, appropriately and timely responding to and/or routing for resolution facilities issues ranging from circuit breakers to flooding and incomplete work orders to broken equipment.
• Schedules and monitors the department’s work order software system (Micromain), inputting and tracking data across the institution. Assists in implementation and updates to system.
• Writes and distributes institute-wide communications (memos and emails) regarding timing of facility/equipment shutdown. Affects scheduling of shutdowns based on evaluation of impact to PI’s and the resulting liability on associated equipment and/or research.
• Administers contracts (e.g. uniforms, boots, equipment repairs, etc.).
• Administers and tracks all permits and inspections to ensure timely submission of fees and receipt of documentation.
• Collaborates with Procurement regarding service contracts and term agreements.
• Attends and participates in meetings associated with areas of responsibility and the department.
• Processes expense reimbursements and requests for payment.
• In depth experience with Adobe files to support the Archibus space planning updates.
• Coordinate the campus capital equipment inventory.
• Coordinate the campus 3D and poster printing services.
• Coordinate special on-site community involvement events and external visitors and tours
• Maintain departmental websites.
• Coordinate off-site equipment storage and inventory.
• Support the needs of visiting TSRI executives as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.