The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant III to support various departments for its Florida facility.
The Administrative Assistant III reports to the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and provides a wide variety of administrative and support functions for and along with other business administration areas including Communications, Development/Philanthropy, Research Administration, and Business Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Serves as the initial and primary point of contact for phone, email, and in-person contacts with constituencies served, providing basic information and referrals in response to internal and external requests.
• Prepares correspondence, assists with budgets, processes payment requests, reconciles of accounts, and handles travel arrangements, event planning, appointments, sorting and distribution mail and ordering of supplies.
• Provides full administrative support to EVP/General Counsel/FL Site Head including, but not limited to, managing calendar, handling room scheduling, overseeing meeting management and logistics, creating and maintaining files, researching issues for resolution, and preparing correspondence, meeting minutes, and legal and other documents.
• Assists in preparing Communications Department materials including: writing, editing, proofreading assorted materials, creating forms, preparing press packets, and summarizing events for internal and external news dissemination.
• Triages needs of those supported.
• Assists with Development Department-related activities such as thank-you notes and mailings to donors, making follow up calls for media events, and providing general administrative support for department staff.
• Provides back-up support to Research Administrative Assistants including processing requests for payment and travel, preparing correspondence, handling event logistics, and campus communications.
• Supports the needs of visiting TSRI executives as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.