Manages the Area accounting function and the finance staff of 1-3 distribution centers (DCs). Oversees and supports the activities of a large staff that includes accounting clerks, inventory control staff, contract management coordinators and an IT support staff member spread across the Area. Works closely with senior members of the Finance Service Center and the Director of Region Finance to provide financial planning, analysis, and oversight in order to achieve Area and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Functions as business partner to the Area President and assesses Area performance of all Functional Areas against both AOP/Proj and prior year, develops recommendations and initiates corrective action to drive performance.
Drives Business Results
99. Drive profitable growth by approving and providing guidance on all local customer contracts and upfront incentives
99. Implement Area-wide initiatives to reduce or slow down the growth of customer rebates to enhance Margins
99. Partner with VP Sales/VP Merchandising on Area marketing initiatives and TM promotions to provide guidance on qualifications and potential effectiveness
99. Improve performance and ensure the annual operating plans are met by review of daily and weekly results dashboards, analyzing data, providing insightful explanations of variances / trends, and coordinating implementation of action plans
99. Develop financial recommendations for gap closing activities and lead execution efforts
99. Partner with Credit organization to drive improvements in DSO and minimize bad debt expense
99. Oversight of inventory adjustments and inventory investment
Planning & Forecasting
+ Owns annual planning and monthly forecast development for the Area
+ Ensure plans are in place to achieve business results, develops gap plans and contingency plans leading cross functions groups to achieve desired business results
+ Keep Area leaders abreast of risk and opportunities
+ Ensure planning and forecasting is accurate and on-time
+ Facilitate cross-functional teams and line leadership (i.e. Sales, Supply Chain and Merchandising) to develop goals and action plans to achieve Area financial objectives
+ Present plans and forecasts to Area leaders
Financial Reporting and Analysis
99. Partner with Area Finance Manager and Finance Service Center (FSC) to create and deliver timely and accurate financial statement
99. Prepare internal financial management reports, internal control analyses, operational results flux and trend analyses, customer profitability analysis, and other decision support to ensure goals are met
Establishes and Maintains Controls
99. Responsible for all Area Hub and DC SOx controls
99. Responsible for completion of quarterly Area management representation letter
Leads Area Finance Team
99. Direct oversight of Area Finance Manager, Inventory Control Managers at both Area Hub and DCs and indirect oversight of Area Credit Manager
99. Ownership of planning and analysis, accounting activities, payroll, inventory control and SOx
99. Ensures that daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities are being met
99. Train, coach, and develop direct and indirect reports
Travel as necessary up to 30%
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
*Education/Training:*Bachelors degree is required. BS in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred. MBA or CPA would be a plus.
*Related Experience:*Must possess minimum of ten yearsaccounting and/or financial analysis experienceor seven years in public accounting.Industry experience is preferred.Prior experience supervising an accounting, financial analysis or public accounting staff required. Multi-site supervisory experience preferred.Ideal candidate has experience that includes collaboration in a functional matrixed environment and virtual leadership across multiple sites.
Deep knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOx; Broad skill set in financial analysis and financial forecasting required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels in the organization. Strong written and oral communication skills required. Ability to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment required. Must be able to lead and develop future leaders.
**Primary Location:** Sioux Falls-SD
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Finance
**Job Level:** Director
**Travel:** Yes, 20 % of the Time
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.