Position Summary: The Store Manager directs and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Bishop Paiute Tribe’s 24Hour Gas Station/Mini Mart Enterprise. This position directly supervises the overall business activities and personnel and is responsible for all aspects of federal, state and Tribal compliance laws and issues relating to the Gas Station Mini-Mart
· Responsible for planning, developing and implementing policies and procedures to insure effective operations of all Gas Station/Mini-Mart activities.
· Responsible for the daily operations, directs and supervises the administration and activities of the Gas Station/ Mini-Mart enterprise.
Capable of counting the daily cash drops for accuracy and prepares cash for Financial Carrier Services pick-up each week.
Helps associates with scanning in new deliveries weekly and cross checks each line item on every invoice to ensure proper the billing and inventory is accurate.
Makes changes to the weekly schedule for the staff to ensure coverage of the business is in place as needed.
Works directly with vendors to ensure we are getting the best price of our purchased cost of goods to maximize our profit margins.
Capable of running/installing new updates of software when needed or required by our Point Of Sale provider.
Schedules the necessary quarterly inventory process during the year with Inventory Services Inc.
Runs the daily store close reports, enters each fuel delivery into the system which is then passed along to the Fiscal Department for review.
Fills the ATM machine with cash and provides the necessary documents to monitor the cash flow from the cash drops.
Makes weekly trips to our local Financial Institution to purchase cash and coin for the front safe which allows the cashiers to vend money for their registers as needed. Provides the proper documentation of cash flow to the Fiscal Department.
Monitors the fuel prices based on the area to ensure we are the most competitive priced station to help gain business.
Develop and maintain business flow for Gas Station/Mini-Mart activities.
Supervises and works with all related departments to maintain profitable annual operating reports for Gas Station/Mini Mart services.
As necessary, implement sales, promotions, marketing, and advertising for all Gas Station/ Mini-Mart activities.
Review profit and loss statements along with other financial reports to aid in the preparation of reports to be submitted to the Bishop Indian Tribal Council.
Enforce compliance of employees with established operational policy and procedures.
Supervise all Gas Station/Mini-Mart employees, including employee reviews, termination, hiring, scheduling and approval of vacation time, sick leave, time cards and OSHA regulations.
Maintain continuing direct communication with the Tribal Administrator, along with written and oral reports on Gas Station/Mini-Mart problems, plans and general business.
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience and Education:
· AA in Business Administration/Management required, BA preferred.
· 5 years’ experience of job related Gas Station/Mini-Mart Management skills.
· Computerized accounting background desirable.
· Demonstrate capability, initiative, self-motivation, communication skills and ability to operate in a “team approach” environment.
· Ability to assign responsibilities and coordinate activities to meet objectives in an efficient and timely manner.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of EPA and OSHA requirements. i.e. pertaining to Above Ground Storage tanks (AGST).
· Experience working with petroleum equipment and their operations preferred
· Must have good oral and written communication skills.
· Maintain professional appearance.
· Must demonstrate basic knowledge of the unique sovereign status of Indian Tribes and respect for Paiute culture.
· Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s license and to be insurable under the Tribe’s existing automobile insurance policy. DMV printout required with application.
· Shall comply with the Drug-Free Workplace Policy and a Criminal Background Investigation.
· May be required to submit to a physical examination and subject to random drug testing.
About Bishop Paiute Tribe
Please visit the Bishop Paiute Tribe website to download an Employment Application.