College Graduate – Systems Engineering Careers @ Qualcomm
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Systems
California – San Diego
At Qualcomm, the sky’s the limit. College Graduates play important roles everywhere in the company. Many of our 27,000+ employees join us right out of school because we’re working on the cutting edge in wireless. Use your creativity and troubleshooting abilities as a test engineer to develop tests and isolate problems for wireless telecommunications systems, and develop a specialty in one of several areas of wireless communications. We are currently seeking college graduates who can start working as early as January 2017.
Areas of Work/Experience:
– MAC layer
– Knowledge of WWAN standards (LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, HSPA) and WLAN/WPAN standards (e.g. 802.11bgn, Bluetooth, UWB) highly desired.
– Knowledge of Internet protocols: in particular, SIP, TCP/ IP, IP mobility management, security and QoS mechanisms
– Knowledge of network architecture standards (e.g., FMC, IMS) a plus.
– PHY layer focus
– Theoretical grounding in digital communications, networks, probability and random processes.
– DSP Firmware.
The two primary skill sets required for this position are real world experience in real-time embedded C along with a strong background in communication theory and digital signal processing (DSP), and the ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines.
– Programming experience required; knowledge of C, C++, Matlab, Opnet, NS2 a plus.
– Experience with hardware, software, firmware or RF development desirable.
– Typical assignment would be to design the systems aspects of a complex feature, then work closely with digital hardware, software, firmware and RF teams to implement and verify the feature.
– Systems activities include theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to Qualcomm’s IP portfolio and systems support for implementation related activities.
– Candidates will work in an exciting team environment with some of the brightest systems engineers in the industry and will have frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines. Senior candidates may lead a team of multiple systems engineers or a multi-disciplinary project.
Required: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.