Computer Vision/Video Systems Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Systems
Qualcomm Video Systems group provides video and vision IP solutions for all of Qualcomms Snapdragon processors including mobile, automotive and XR. The teams scope includes algorithm and architecture design for video analytics, computer vision and machine learning with power and performance optimization.
The selected candidate, along with his/her colleagues and other team members, will have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
– Research and develop computer vision algorithms for mobile, automotive and XR applications with performance and power efficiency
– Define systems architecture for computer vision solutions including data flow, task partition, interface and systems interoperation.
– Design and implement C/C++ simulator for computer vision functions. The simulator will be used for algorithms development, verification, and quality evaluation.
– Work on DSP or GPU optimization of computer vision algorithms
– Define methodology for performance and power analysis and develop innovative technologies to reduce memory bandwidth, processing latency, power consumption.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
– Experience with computer vision and machine learning
– Proficiency in C/C+- Embedded system architecture including platform architecture, software stack, security and virtualization
– Strong analytical and mathematical skills to develop new computer vision algorithms
– Work experience with ADAS systems design
– DSP/Neon/GPU optimization and multi-thread programming
– Experience in motion analysis, object detection/tracking and pattern recognition
Required: Masters, Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.