The Development Officer reports to the TSRI President, and works very closely as a solid team with the other Directors of Development. This role is responsible for cultivation and actively manages a portfolio of 75-100 major gift prospects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards annual and major donors.
• Use appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects, moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
• Assist in the development of a robust major gifts program to support current and future resource needs with a specific focus on high-net worth individuals.
• Develops comprehensive, proactive strategies for maximizing giving among existing and prospective major donors.
• Identifies major gift prospects, with a primary focus on cultivating relationships on behalf of TSRI with individuals who have an outright gift capacity of $50,000 and above.
• Independently resourceful in investigating prospective donors through personal contact, prospect research, volunteers, Principal Investigators and other donors.
• Analyzes and assesses the potential for annual and planned giving donors to make major gifts.
• Coordinates scientific presentations and on-site tours for prospective donors, community groups, and others with whom TSRI needs to engage.
• Works closely with the development office staff for special events and prospect research.
• Demonstrates utmost discipline in documenting strategies, outreach, and next steps thoroughly for each prospect and donor.
• Oversees the preparation and distribution of quarterly or annual stewardship reports to individual donors.
• Represents the development department at lectures, dinners, and other donor events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
About The Scripps Research Institute
The Scripps Research Institute, one of the world's largest, private, non-profit research organizations, stands at the forefront of basic biomedical science, a vital segment of medical research that seeks to comprehend the most fundamental processes of life. Over the last decades, the institute has established a lengthy track record of major contributions to the betterment of health and the human condition.