California – San Diego
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
QUALCOMMs Product Development Lifecycle Management (PDLM) supports the engineers who develop and test mobile based operating systems and firmware. This position will reside in a team that provides DevOps support and strategy to Software Engineering and Software Analytics and Global Automation (SAGA) organization. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter, customer service oriented, great communicator, and have a desire to learn and implement information technology solutions to support software engineering. Candidate will work with automation teams and SW Engineering to support daily operations of 1,000s of engineers developing mobile based device operating systems. Candidate will contribute to delivery of stable environment across the world utilizing contemporary and cloud hosting solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Bachelors degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems) OR Bachelors degree in a non-technical field (e.g. Business, Humanities, Marketing) and 1+ years IT-relevant experience.
Candidate should have above average skills and experience with Perl, Python, PowerShell or Chef-Ruby. Candidate should be familiar with: Perl, Unix Shell Procedural languages. Source Code Management (SCM) systems such as Perforce and Git/Gerrit. Candidate should also have skills with Automation (CI/CD) environments such as ElectricFlow and Jenkins. Strong Linux and Windows skills in the areas of administration, troubleshooting and scripting. Candidate will be able to demonstrate: Good communication skills excellent problem solving and resolution skills Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Minimum of 5-8 years of IT experience in the high-tech industries
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
* Strong familiarity in administering Ubuntu and Windows based host
* Familiar with .NET and Database applications
* In-depth understanding of operational concepts related to alerting, monitoring, logging.
* Knowledge of core scripting languages with proven history of task automation (bash,perl,python,etc).
* Has worked closely with development teams to optimize build-chain services/applications.
* Understanding of security technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc).
* The ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner.
* Understanding of network ecosystems as a whole; how IT disciplines are tied together and their relative purpose.
* Has a strong desire to continuously improve (both themselves and the environments they support).
* Ability to thrive and successfully work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Understands the importance of documentation.
* Effective time management skills are a must.
Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Networks & Systems or equivalent experience
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.