**Job Id** N1960544
**Job Title** DevOps Engineer (Git/Gerrit)
**Post Date** 01/12/2018
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Incorporated
**Job Area** Information Technology
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** QUALCOMMs Software Enterprise & Engineering Technologies (SWEET) supports the engineers who develop and test open source, mobile-based operating systems. This position will reside in a team that provides source code management automation to support our Linux integration and test infrastructure. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter, customer service oriented, adaptable, great communicator, and have a desire to learn and implement information technology systems to support the business. Candidate will work with automation teams and SW Engineering to support daily operations of 1,000s of engineers developing mobile based device operating systems. Candidate will contribute to delivery automation, using Chef, of development environment across the world utilizing Git/Gerrit.
Candidate will work with multi-discipline IT engineers to support: Chef recipes, regional mirrors, sync issues, new sites, remote site support PostgreSQL
Database: regional replicas, cluster management
Production management: hardware installs and upgrades; networking (VIPs, VLANs); Cluster change management Development / QA
Management: Git/Gerrit architecture, development.
Development Details: Tools, SCM and Unix server processes, hooks Gerrit upgrades and process consultation
Candidate will provide: Clear requirements and implementation documentation to customers to manage development initiatives. A service oriented experience for their customer’s Tools, methodology, and procedural training including:
* Provide comprehensive, multi-disciplined IT support to build and infrastructure hosts
* Evaluate and implement new technologies
* Perform upgrades, new installations, enhancements and configuration changes
* Monitor daily operations and troubleshoot problems
* Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation
* Provide on-call or after hours support as needed
* Must be detail oriented to work highly dynamic environment
* Must be able to interact with domestic and international Engineering Leads and Engineers
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** Minimum of 8 years of IT experience in the high-tech industries like DevOps including:
* Experience with Perl, Python or Ruby.
* Experience with Perl, Unix Shell Procedural languages.
* Source Code Management (SCM) systems such as Git/Gerrit, SVN
* Unix/Linux Administration Scripting, LDAP and Identity Management Distributed environment, Distributed Sites
* Candidate will be able to demonstrate: Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Experience in administering Ubuntu based hosts
**Preferred Qualifications** * In-depth understanding of operational concepts related to alerting, monitoring, logging.
* Knowledge of core scripting languages with proven history of task automation (bash,perl,python,etc).
* Has worked closely with development teams to optimize build-chain services/applications.
* Understanding of security technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc).
* The ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner.
* Understanding of network ecosystems as a whole; how IT disciplines are tied together and their relative purpose.
* Has a strong desire to continuously improve (both themselves and the environments they support).
* Ability to thrive and successfully work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Understands the importance of documentation.
* Effective time management skills are a must.
* Good communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
**Education Requirements** Bachelor’s, Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Information Technology
Preferred: Master’s, Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Information Technology
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.