Dr. Bronner’s Company Culture
Cool, kind, and capable employees are core to Dr. Bronner’s company culture! Our people are our greatest strength—strong and healthy relationships drive our success. Our workforce is impassioned, collaborative, engaged, and shares a commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and equity. Respect for differences in perspective and experience enriches our community with a sense of belonging. We seek to model a better, more just and caring world in how we show up for work, and how we show up for each other!
Benefits at a Glance
Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
Development & Training Program
13 Paid Holidays
Child Care Assistance
Free Daily Vegan Lunches
Green Team and Toastmasters
Bring Your Dog to Work Program
On-site at our Vista, CA Headquarters
Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule. Primary hours will be M-F, 7:00 am to 3:40 pm. Occasionally, when weekend/evening events occur, this role will be required to work.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You have a passion for healthy, organic, sustainably-grown food. You enjoy providing a positive guest experience, and you’re familiar with the necessary requirements to ensure that food is served in a safe and effective manner.
Your duties will include to:
- Assist in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the All-One! Café and lounge for all employees. This includes sanitation of public spaces including picnic areas and common areas used for breaks.
- Follow a task list and check list for each day. This is subject to change as events occur.
- Work with guests to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Attend all allergy and foodborne illness training.
- Comply with all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company and government safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Intake daily food deliveries from the catering company. Ensure that food meets our quality of standards and follows menu for each day.
- Serve food that is delivered from the catering company and ensures that each shift has food for their lunch break.
- Keep the All-ONE! Lounge clean, and regularly checks to make sure coffee, tea, is stocked.
- Read recipes and/or product directions.
- Assist in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspect workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Clean and sanitize workstations and equipment following all rules and procedures.
- Taste test all products.
- Support and host when Dr. Bronner’s has guests at the warehouse
- Support other department initiatives and events.
- In the absence of the All One! Kitchen Supervisor, purchase café supplies for other departments using established vending companies.
- Assist MFE (Magic Foam Experience) as needed at events both on and offsite.
- Other duties as assigned within job scope.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of related experience in a commercial kitchen/food handling environment, including experience handling commercial kitchen equipment.
- A valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the company’s insurance carrier standards.
- Must possess up-to-date Food Handler’s card, or ability to obtain one within first week of employment.
- Occasionally lift, balance, carry, stack, and push/pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps
Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America, and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!