DSP Physical Design/Methodology Engineer – Austin, TX
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering – Hardware
Texas – Austin
Position would include work in one or more of the following areas related to Qualcomms DSP core implementation that are used for leading edge products
-Responsible for various aspects of physical design and implementation of DSP, depending on skills/experience including the following:
– Floor planning, Power grid implementation and analysis
– Place and Route, Clock tree synthesis followed by STA and timing closure
– Core level timing ECOs and signal integrity closure followed by DRC and LVS closure
– Development of semi-custom design techniques where appropriate to maximize utilization, performance, and power efficiency
– Use and extend/enhance design methodologies to achieve the best PPA through scripting
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
1 – 7 years of experience in Physical design: Synthesis, Floor planning, Place and route, STA, timing closure and electrical analysis including:
– Advanced low power (leakage & dynamic) reduction techniques
– Experience with EDA tools (such as Innovus or ICC2 along with PTSI, Redhawk or Calibre)
– Coding and scripting skills in TCL and/or PERL (preferred)
-Respond quickly to engineering changes.
-Ability to creatively solve unanticipated problems
Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Preferred: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.