ECONorthwest has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate.
Associates collaborate with project leadership and other ECONorthwest staff to produce insightful analyses that answer our client’s questions. The position will conduct analysis primarily focused on topics of urban development, including transit oriented development, affordable housing policy, development and market feasibility, and development policy and implementation. Together with a project team, the position(s) will:
- Scope tasks and design analysis methods
- Undertake project-based data analysis
- Prepare written and graphic documentation of methods, sources, and results
- Juggle multiple projects and meet concurrent deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking, with an interest in the economics of land development and / or public policy
- Master’s degree in economics, mathematics, planning, public policy, computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience using programming languages for statistical or spatial analyses (Python, R, Stata, or others)
- Experience using quantitative and statistical methods in an applied setting
- Dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Experience coordinating team efforts to produce deliverables on a deadline
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in a consulting setting
- GIS / spatial analysis
- Experience with ACS/CPS microdata
- Familiarity with planning, real estate, and socioeconomic datasets, including taxlots, zoning, Co-Star, and / or U.S. Census.
- Familiarity with relevant public policy issues: zoning and land use, housing affordability, and / or public budgeting processes and tax policy
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with market rates. This position is eligible for full company benefits.
Established in 1974, ECONorthwest has over three decades of experience helping clients make sound decisions based on rigorous economic, planning and financial analysis. ECONorthwest provides professional economics, planning, and financial consulting services and expert testimony for a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States and worldwide.
To submit an application, click here.
Within our application web form, you will need to provide the following materials:
- Cover letter (including where you saw this job announcement and which desired qualifications you feel are your strongest)
- Current resume
- A writing sample that highlights your research and writing skills
- Transcripts (if graduated within the last five years)
This position(s) will remain open until filled.
This position is a an exempt full-time. The selected candidate would be benefits eligible. ECONorthwest offers competitive wages and generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and paid holidays.
ECONorthwest is not a sponsoring organization.
ECONorthwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ECONorthwest is an economics consulting firm headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with offices in Seattle, Bend, Boise, and Eugene. The firm has a 45‐year history of economic policy analysis supporting public decision‐making related to urban development, social and educational policies, and natural resources.