Manages the Area accounting, payroll, IT and internal control functions in a multi-site environment. Owns internal control compliance for Area. Works closely with Rosemont/Tempe Finance, Functional Area Leaders and Partners with Area Director to provide financial planning, analysis, and oversight in order to achieve Area and company goals.
Functions as partner for Area Finance Director and business support for Area leadership.
Drive Business Results
99. Lead cross-functional inventory adjustment meetings to maximize earnings
99. Review Customer Profitability including margin opportunities and incentive deal compliance
99. Collaborate with Area Director and Sales Management on new incentive/MDA agreement analytics and structure to ensure profitable sales growth
99. Assist in driving revenue growth and enhancing profitability through Customer rebate review and approval
99. Resolution of contract pricing questions and cost issues impacting customer pricing
99. Management and training of CDMR process
99. Research, track and resolve vendor related issues
Planning & Forecasting
99. Partner with Area Director in the development and administration of the division’s annual budget and Balance of Year (BOY) forecasting:
– Independently develop annual budgets for up to four Distribution Centers as assigned by Area Director
– Accurately complete weekly Flash and monthly BOY forecasting including cross-functional collaboration on key business drivers
99. Present plans and forecasts to Area Finance Director and Area Leadership
Financial Reporting and Analysis
99. Partner with Area Finance Director and Finance Service Center (FSC) to create and deliver timely and accurate financial statements
99. Prepare internal financial management reports, internal control analyses, operational results flux and trend analyses, customer profitability analysis, and decision support to ensure goals are met
Establishes and Maintains Controls
99. Ownership of Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliance throughout DCs and Area
99. Provide support to the Area President and other Area staff members as the point of contact for DC/Area accounting and internal control issues
99. Management of fixed assets records
Leads Area Finance Team Members
99. Direct oversight of IT Coordinator, Payroll and Accounting Clerks
99. Dotted line oversight of cashier functions in both hub and non-hub locations
99. Guide, coach and development of the accounting and IT staff
99. Coordinate efforts of direct and indirect reports to ensure that daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities are met
Function as back up for Area Finance Director on limited, as-needed basis
Complete ad hoc projects, analysis and initiatives as requested
Travel as necessary up to 30%
**# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
A degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
Must possess minimum of seven years accounting and/or financial analysis experience or five years in public accounting.
Industry experience is preferred.
Prior experience supervising an accounting, financial analysis or public accounting staff required.
Multi-site supervisory experience preferred.
Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
Deep knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOx.
Broad skill set in financial analysis, and financial forecasting required.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
Strong written and oral communication skills required.
Ability to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment required.
**Primary Location:** Salt Lake City-UT
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Accounting
**Job Level:** Manager
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.