SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and company goals through the maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of rooms; the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas, corridors of the hotel, laundry room, break room and elevators; and the maintenance and cleanliness of all hotel linen.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Strong communication and effective guest relations skills. Must be at least 18 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
High School diploma or GED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Consistently cleans all rooms and suites to standard; removes trash and dirty linens from rooms and suites; spot cleans walls, carpets, light fixtures, etc.
- Maintains shelf organization and stock levels in the storerooms and closets, stocks attendant carts with supplies, rotates linens in storerooms and closets, removes trash and dirty linens from carts and transports to appropriate areas.
- Cleans furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc., in public areas such as fitness center, pool and elevators.
- Sweeps and vacuums floors, hallways and stairwells.
- Loads, operates and unloads dishwasher for guest room glassware and mugs.
- Inspects dirty laundry for stains/tears before washing, identifies and treats stains, washes, dries and folds all linen to standard.
- Operates all laundry equipment to trained standards.
- Reports maintenance problems or completes minor work repair orders.
- Utilizes an IPOD/IPAD device and a handheld radio to complete job assignments.
- Interacts with guests providing excellent guest service.
- Utilizes problem resolution skills to assist guests with problems.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, spouses of NHBP citizens and members of other federally recognized Indian Tribes. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines “Native American” as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.