The primary function of this position is to refuel all tractors and trailers that are returned to the yard on a daily basis. Fueler must have strong organizational skills to track, monitor and measure the fuel being dispenses into each unit. Keeping accurate nightly records to insure all trucks are fueled on time is critical. Recording and monitoring tank levels to insure we have fuel in part of job responsibility. Checking fluids, oil and routine maintenance checks on tractors and reefer units is part of daily responsibility.
Performs 10 point fuel island safety inspection on the fleet
Fuels tractors and trailers
Checks oil levels in all equipment
Maintains record keeping of fuel
May be required to do minor cleaning on fleet.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
1. High School Diploma/GED preferred; however, must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
2. A valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements and be DOT qualified is preferred.
3. Able to meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) is preferred.
1. Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, and tools used to perform the job.
2. Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
3. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position.
4. Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work.
5. Must be able to apply tire chains.
6. Ability to communicate in written and verbal form
7. Ability to back up trailers within 1 week
8. Must be at least 21 years of age.
9. Must be able to work in all climates and extreme weather conditions.
10. Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
**Primary Location:** Centennial-CO
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Evening Job
**Job Function:** Maintenance
**Job Level:** Individual Contributor
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.