ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS: Provide maintenance, upkeep, and improving life expectancy of all GRIC tribal facilities by providing a safe environment.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Director, Facilities Maintenance is responsible for the overall management and direction of the Facilities Maintenance Department, responsibilities include planning, directing, implementing, and achieving strategic goals and objectives related to the department’s mission of providing fiscally responsible facilities and facility-related services to the tribal departments of Gila River to ensure an efficient and safe environment. Additional responsibilities include: overseeing the functions and operations of all tribal facilities, protective equipment, major maintenance, improvement plans and programs; planning and directing the implementation of department-wide policies and programs; evaluating the need and effectiveness of all department programs and facility-related services; analyzing and resolving complex and/or highly sensitive issues; advising the Community Manager, Council, and any other Management officials on policies, issues, and concerns related to facilities management; managing subordinate managerial and/or supervisory staff; directing the preparation and approval of department’s budget; overseeing all department personnel actions and issues; working closely with other jurisdictions and organizations on related issues.
· Provide leadership, direction and supervision to Facility Maintenance staff of departmental goals and objectives.
· Plan, organize, direct and control efforts of assigned personnel to assure the best use of personnel development and training in accordance with basic management principles and the overall objectives of the department.
· Responsible for all equipment, and office maintenance for all tribal buildings.
· Responsible for analyzing and resolving complex and/or highly sensitive issues related to facility-related services.
· Provide a variety of direction to field supervisors and field maintenance workers regarding a/c repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, performance of preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
· Facilitate operational and strategic planning for increased effectiveness of the department.
· Establish and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, processes, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness; effect changes required for continuous improvement.
· Advising the Community Manager, Council, and any other Management officials on policies, issues, and concerns related to facilities management;
· Formulate and monitor overall departmental operating budget; maintain records on all departmental projects and activities; authorize and approve departmental expenditures.
· Overseeing the functions and operations of all tribal facilities, protective equipment, major maintenance, improvement plans and programs; planning and directing the implementation of department-wide policies and programs.
· Oversee the Gila River Indian Community maintenance systems, maintain, order, repair, and coordinate all key activity and provide continuous direction to operation and maintenance staff in the area of training.
· Submit quarterly reports to Community Manager, Tribal Administration and Tribal Council.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
· Considerable knowledge of custodial/facilities maintenance practices and tools.
· Considerable knowledge of electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
· Considerable knowledge in managing facility maintenance operations for multiple locations.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing work assignments.
· Knowledge of engineering practices, technology and methods utilized in facility planning, design, construction and maintenance, including electrical, mechanical, communications and HVAC systems.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, and personnel management including supervision, training, performance evaluations, and budget preparation.
· Must be a person with high integrity, honesty and display professional decorum.
· Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Skill in working under pressure of deadlines.
· Skill in identifying, analyzing and solving unprecedented problems using a high degree of independent judgment and personal initiative.
· Ability to effectively plan, supervise and coordinate work of others.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to attend and conduct meeting as needed.
· Ability to prepare required records and reports.
· Ability to perform required custodial/facilities maintenance service efficiently.
· Ability to plan and organize custodial and maintenance repairs of commercial buildings and office facilities ensuring employees are adhering to a safe working environment.
· Ability to obtain vendor quotes and submit according to policy.
· Ability to make decisions and act impartially, objectively and with the best interests of the Community in mind.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials and the general public.
· Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-free workplace.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or closely related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in building and facility maintenance, construction, maintenance record keeping, and repair work including a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in a building and facility maintenance capacity.
Complete OSHA/Safety Training within 30 days of employment.
Maintenance-related licenses (electrical, HVAC, EPA, etc) preferred.
Required to pass a background check.
Required to obtain a Tribal driving permit. Valid state driver’s license with a current proof of driving record for the past 39 months will be required to qualify for a tribal driving permit. Proof of driving record must be submitted with application and must not be more than 60 days old from the date of submission of the application.
Salary: $72,564 (DOE)