**Job Id** E1955657
**Job Title** Hardware Engineer
**Post Date** 06/06/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** As Hardware Engineer, you will be part of HW design team that builds bleeding edge emulation platforms. You will be responsible for board design process including schematic capture, PCB stack up, PCB layout, BOM management and design verification testing of the board. You will drive system level architecture working closely with customers and software development team. You will interact with emulation software tool vendors to discuss design options for optimal system solutions. The position is responsible for directing lab technicians on system installation and debug process. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as design and CAD by leveraging domain-specific expertise, sharing, and coordinating prototyping efforts, testing and support.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** At least 5 to 7 years of experience in System Architecture and Hardware Board Design, including:
* Experience with the board design process including schematic capture, PCB stack up, PCB layout (26+ layers), BOM management and design verification testing
* Experience with 10Gb/s or higher SERDES board designs
* Experience with circuit and layout simulation and analysis, high speed design concepts, signal integrity and transmission line circuitry.
* Experience with DDR3/DDR4 discrete component board designs
* Experience with FPGA board design (Xilinx and/or Altera)
* System architecture design experience
* Familiar with I2C, JTAG, UART, SPI, SD Card, EMMC protocols
* FPGA HDL coding experience
* Familiar with using test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers
* Board and System level debug
* Linux/Unix experience
* Familiarity with Excel, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner/Expedition, Vivado, Hyperlinx
* Familiarity with mechanical design of boards and systems
**Preferred Qualifications** * Power supply design experience
* Experience with signal integrity and PDN simulations
**Education Requirements** Required: Bachelor’s, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master’s, Electrical Engineering
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.