**Job Id** T1954181
**Job Title** High-Speed Analog & Mixed-Signal PHY Design Careers @ Qualcomm (San Diego, CA)
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Overview** Qualcomm’s Mixed-Signal design team is actively looking for senior analog and mixed-signal PLL circuit designers to work on SerDes and DDR PHY designs. You will be directly involved in delivering next-generation PHY designs for SoCs and will be part of a growing PLL team involved in architecture analysis in leading-edge CMOS process technology nodes at 28nm and beyond. Design goals also include low-power analog designs to address Qualcomm’s low-power wireless products.
Qualifications in the following areas are required:
– A *minimum* of 2 years of transistor level analog PLL design experience, preferably for high-speed SerDes and DDR PHY applications.
– Experience in designing op-amps, band gaps, differential amplifiers, VCO, PLL, DLL
– Experience in using SPICE simulators (Cadence Analog Artist experience is preferred).
– Experience using schematic capture tools (Virtuoso preferred).
– Signal integrity in high speed wireline design
– Shell scripting to automate circuit design and verification work
– Full-custom analog layout techniques and the ability to take a design and do all the layout extract verification and sign-off
Additional qualifications in the following areas are a plus:
– Understanding of process effects on designs and layout is required.
The primary responsibility of this position entails working within a team to deliver analog and mixed-signal transistor level PLL circuit designs along with the physical layouts of the high speed circuits for high-speed, low-power PHY SerDes blocks.
**Education Requirements** Required: Master’s, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.