**Job Id** E1960568
**Job Title** IPS Hardware Support Engineer
**Post Date** 01/03/2018
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Job Overview** Qualcomm Technologies Integrated Platform Solutions group in San Diego is looking for a well-rounded Support Engineer / Technician to partner with hardware engineering teams in the development of chip test platforms. The role involves working closely with hardware development teams to help perform initial prototype hardware debug and distribution, and new silicon bring up. This requires the ability to debug platform hardware and ASICS using test scripts and relevant test equipment, and analyze and create reports on collected data. The candidate should be a team player who is well versed in reading schematics and demonstrates knowledge of power distribution networks, signal integrity principals, impedance matching, and equipment required to measure high speed digital communication signals.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** * Associate’s degree plus 5 or more years industry experience, or equivalent military training and experience.
* Experience with common hardware lab test equipment (such as oscilloscopes, logic, protocol, and signal / spectrum analyzers, JTAG debuggers, FPGA programmers etc.)
* Soldering skills with SMT components to 01004.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong problem solving, communication, and teamwork skills.
**Preferred Qualifications** * Experience in an R&D lab with hands-on component level debug experience and demonstrated circuit analysis ability of both RF analog, and Digital Baseband circuits.
* Solid understanding of Cellular technologies (GSM/WCDMA/LTE) and their physical layer measurements (Sensitivity, Tx Power, ACLR, EVM, etc.).
* Experience with digital and/or RF circuit design preferred.
**Education Requirements** Required: Associate’s, Electrical Engineering or equivalent military training and experience
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.