IT Internship – Summer 2020
California – San Diego
Headquartered in San Diego, Qualcomm develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, and operates advanced 4G & 3G communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. To ensure that the entire wireless industry is inspired and continues to evolve, innovate and experience success, Qualcomm develops its technologies and solutions for the purpose of enabling key participants in the wireless value chain.
Qualcomm has numerous internships available in our Information Technology department. As a IT intern, you will work with a team of IT professionals and engineers to develop, implement and maintain various technologies for the organization. With a degree in computer science, engineering, or information technology, you will be able to contribute to some of the projects below.
Below are examples of roles and technologies that you may work on during your internship:
• Framework roll out and tool implementation
• System-level integration issues
• Design and Integrate new features
• Project and program documentation
• Data analysis
• Network security
• Vendor management
• Testing, developing, and/or modifying applications
• Project management
• Server/System administration
• OS: Android, Linux, Windows, Chrome, Native Platforms (RIM)
• Microsoft office suite: SharePoint, Outlook, Skype, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
• Enterprise service management tools
• Cloud computing services, such as AWS
• Version control, operational programs, such at Git/GitHub, Splunk, or Syslog
• Firewalls, VPN technologies, and proxy services
• Frameworks: Hadoop, Ruby on Rails, Grails
• Application Development: Android Studio, Java, Objective C, MySQL and/or NoSQL, JSON
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, IS or a related field.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.