IT Internships @ Qualcomm (Summer 2018) – San Diego
California – San Diego
Headquartered in San Diego, Qualcomm develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, and operates advanced 4G & 3G communications systems and products based on its proprietary digital wireless technologies. To ensure that the entire wireless industry is inspired and continues to evolve, innovate and experience success, Qualcomm develops its technologies and solutions for the purpose of enabling key participants in the wireless value chain.
Qualcomm has numerous internships available in our Information Technology department. As a IT intern, you will work with a team of IT professionals and engineers to develop, implement and maintain various technologies for the organization. With a degree in computer science, engineering, or information technology, you will be able to contribute to some of the projects below.
Below are examples of roles and technologies that you may work on during your internship:
• Framework roll out and tool implementation
• System-level integration issues
• Design and Integrate new features
• Project and program documentation
• Data analysis
• Network security
• Vendor management
• Testing, developing, and/or modifying applications
• Project management
• Server/System administration
• OS: Android, Linux, Windows, Chrome, Native Platforms (RIM)
• Microsoft office suite: SharePoint, Outlook, Skype, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
• Enterprise service management tools
• Cloud computing services, such as AWS
• Version control, operational programs, such at Git/GitHub, Splunk, or Syslog
• Firewalls, VPN technologies, and proxy services
• Frameworks: Hadoop, Ruby on Rails, Grails
• Application Development: Android Studio, Java, Objective C, MySQL and/or NoSQL, JSON
• Full relocation services (travel, shipping)
• Housing for those who qualify (Pre-selected, fully furnished, shared 2-bedroom luxury apartment, including utilities & maid service)
• Great Pay
• Intern Program Experience (Local trips, Executive Speaker Series, networking, professional development, tech talks, mentorship, surf lessons)
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, IS or a related field.
EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.