December 30, 2019
CASINO SECURITY OFFICER
Enterprise: La Jolla Trading Post Casino
Reports to: Shift Manager
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: DOE
The Security Officer shall patrol assigned areas an to create a positive guest service environment. The Security Officer will follow and enforce procedures related to the safety of all Casino Team Members, Guests, Casino property, and assets. Duties: • Escort guests, employees, vendors and assets on the casino property. • Communicate with guests, vendors, and employees in a positive manner. • Must be able to work independently. • Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality. • Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. • Respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling conflicts. • Possess the ability to interact in a professional manner with the general public. • Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Use PC based computer software and office equipment. • Able to use a two-way radio in the course of your daily routine. • Advise LJPD or SDSD to take control (arrest) of a person violating the law. • Complete all reports in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner. • Ensure accurate and complete documentation of the daily Surveillance Log. • Report violations of policies and procedures, internal controls, and laws. • Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and regular attendance record. • Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform job duties:• Demonstrate excellent work habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests, exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace, including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and teamwork.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time.
• Management skills, leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate proficiency in the position requirements.
• Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements including adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices, participation in training, use of protective equipment, and reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant practices.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity. Additional Requirements:
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be 21 years of age, or older.
• High School diploma or equivalent, required.
• One-year previous experience interacting directly with the public.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to promote a positive and professional image.
• Any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America, must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license
**Performs other duties as required. This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company without advanced notice.
• Must be able to compute mathematical skills quickly and accurately
• Availability to work any shift is REQUIRED
• Must be 21 years or older
• Current guard card/ Basic POST
• Must pass initial drug screening, background investigation, and random drug tests
• Must pass a written math test
• Good credit • Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Gaming experience preferred not required
• CPR/ AED
• Bilingual is a plus
• No felony convictions
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
• Must have the ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Must maintain an excellent work attendance history
• Must be detail-oriented and possess organizational skills
• Must have good communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration needed to perform assigned duties in highly disruptive conditions
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license
Native American Indian Preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian SelfDetermination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44 and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. code, Section 472 & 473).
Resumes can be submitted to: La Jolla Band of Luiseno Indians 22000 Hwy 76 Pauma Valley CA 92061
Or emailed to: CAROLYN.DIAZ@LAJOLLA-NSN.GOV