Responsible for the collection, review and analysis of logistics data to assist in maximizing the efficiency of logistics operations. The role will manage vendor information and assist in the development of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure quality of service/operation and drive freight cost control.
99. Drive development and performance of inbound logistics through daily data analysis of relevant data – measuring inbound planning efficiency and procurement performance as related to logistics performance – provide insightful recommendations to stakeholders based on data analysis to grow efficiencies and overall success of Logistics operations.
99. Manage logistics processes including; execution of complex calculations based on a vendor’s term and conditions, determining and uploading vendor freight information into logistic and replenishment systems, vendor planning optimization and review, and backhaul freight margin management.
99. Manage the development and maintenance of the logistics databases within the transportation management applications including creation and maintenance of vendor entities and vendor freight revenue tariff structure.
99. Work directly with US Foods divisions and functional teams to review and process exception’s for validation and correction.
99. Serve as the subject matter expert to US Foods divisions and functional teams regarding process and procedures on logistics systems and work flow as it relates to replenishment/logistics strategies and vendor pricing/invoice strategies.
99. Utilize financial, logistical, and procurement databases/systems to assist in the development and integration of operational efficiencies.
99. Perform detailed analysis and distribute reports and KPIs to stakeholders.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
***Education/Training:*** Bachelor degree preferred
*Related Experience:*3 years of progressive logistics experience or equivalent experience with an emphasis on analytics preferred.
*Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:*Must possess advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and be proficient in Access, Word, Powerpoint with prior experience in database management recommended, including the construction of Access databases desired.
**Primary Location:** Rosemont-IL
**Schedule:** Full-time **Shift:** Day Job
**Job Function:** Logistics
**Job Level:** Individual Contributor
About US Foods
Why US Foods? As one of America’s top 10 largest private companies, we offer talented professionals outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development. We maintain a strong focus on growth in a high-performance environment. That means your work will be challenging and rewarding. We conduct business in a highly ethical manner and maintain an unwavering commitment to operational excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. As important, we encourage collaboration and value each member of our diverse and talented team.