**Job Id** E1957027
**Job Title** Low-power ASIC Design engineer – Wi-Fi IoT
**Post Date** 11/06/2017
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Jose
**Job Overview** Qualcomm Atheros’ digital ASIC teams deliver cutting edge hardware and software products across every established wireless standard/protocol, and we are currently seeking talented candidates for low-power digital design and front-end implementation. The candidate is responsible for Design of power management module including meeting RTL and DV deliverables. Specify low-power scenarios based on the product spec and help validation. Assist in power vs area vs performance tradeoffs and Power estimation at RTL and gate levels and Drive physical implementation to meet low-power targets. Work closely with verification team to develop low-power verification plans and actively participate in the debug phase.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
**Minimum Qualifications** – 3+ yrs Experience in low-power design.
– Hardware description languages (Verilog, System Verilog), Logic Design, RTL coding, debugging skills, synthesis and timing closure
– Good experience with low power ASIC flows, multi voltage & power domains, DVFS
– Experience with power sequencing, clocking and reset
– Bus/interface/low-power handshake protocol and flow familiarity
– Pre-silicon and post silicon bringup/debug of ASIC designs
**Preferred Qualifications** – Knowledge of mixed signal ADC/DAC/PLL interfaces, voltage/power domains, sleep/active modes
– Understanding and/or prior experience with SPICE simulations and models
– Cross-functional experience interacting with software, verification, and physical design teams.
– WLAN architecture and HW/SW partitioning knowledge
**Education Requirements** Master’s in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.