Under direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, provides computer hardware, software and user support to employees and departments. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Installs and sets up new hardware, provides training to personnel, in the basic operation of new hardware and software.
· Support both Windows and Mac OS
· Sets up user accounts, according to established policies, procedures and restrictions.
· Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
· Troubleshoots desktop problems, hardware and software related; resolves desktop connectivity issues. Tracks all problems or issues through resolution.
· Performs network maintenance, changes and upgrades.
· Develops and coordinates training sessions, to ensure that all program personnel are able to utilize existing and new software programs.
· Evaluates vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
· Assists with database entry, management and data retrieval.
· Assists with web site maintenance and development.
· Provides domain server support, by verifying server backups updates are completed.
· Analysis of new and revised system specification for completeness and compatibility with present software applications and system capabilities.
· Responds to external web mail queries, in a timely and customer service-focused manner.
· Performs system backups and risk management.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge, by conducting research; attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks, participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
· Maintains strict student confidentiality and compliance with the Family Education Right to Privacy Act.
· Embodies Native Forward Core Values and promotes the Native Forward organization, staff and programs, in a positive and professional manner.
· Contributes to a team effort and accomplished related results.
· Perform other duties as required.
About Native Forward Scholars Fund
We provide financial support for American Indians and Alaska Natives seeking higher education and support them in obtaining undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. We partner with Tribes, the federal government, foundations, corporations, and individuals to ensure the growth and sustainability of scholarships.