Title: Water Truck Operator
Department/Division: Pala Raceway
Status: Fulltime / Hourly / DOE
Shift: Thursday – Monday (night shift)
Supervisor: Raceway Manager
Operate water truck and/or several types of power construction equipment. May repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties. The water truck driver work within the race track hours designated for track preparation by the raceway manager. Events and extensive track changes will require varied work hours with an end time based on completion of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must be able to maintain and build motocross tracks, supercross tracks, and other off-road related obstacles.
· Maintain and clean up race tracks and drainage areas.
· Clean, maintain and ensure the safety of parking areas and roads used for all business operations business.
· Maintain daily maintenance schedules, check oil, hydraulics levels, and engine oil, coolant levels, fuel level, and exhaust fluid levels to maintain full operating levels.
· Complete a daily maintenance log sheet for every piece of equipment you run daily (with machine hours’ time on time off )
· You must take direction for the prep and daily operations from raceway manager and report directly back with equipment issues or track issues on a daily basis.
· Adhere to safety regulations and report hazards to management.
· Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, and other workers.
· Consider the safety of other workers, staff members, and customers in the course of duty to avoid injuries and other casualties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Knowledge of equipment mechanical operations and equipment mechanisms.
· Knowledge of safety rules in operating equipment.
· Able to perform physical activities like kneeling, crawling, jumping and lifting amongst others.
· Must be able to drive a manual and automatic dump truck.
· Must be able to lift 100 pounds or more.
· Ability to endure extremes in temperature or harsh weather conditions.
· Applicants under 18 must be able to provide a work permit if requested
· Must have a valid California Driver’s License. Also, attach printout from the Department of Motor
· Minimum 1 year experience operating multiple pieces of equipment, dump trucks, water trucks and more.
· Must pass pre-employment and random drug testing (including marijuana) prior to job offer
· Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a drug-free workplace as a condition of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians
· Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members. Pala Band of Mission Indians is an equal opportunity employer.
· All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.