QGov IT PMO Lead (Security Clearance Required)
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Government at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qgov
California – San Diego
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning…it takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5G’s potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and that’s is where you come in. Qualcomm’s Government Technologies (QGOV) division develops special products based on its wireless terrestrial and satellite communication technologies for the military, federal, local, and foreign governments. QGOV also does specialized work for the US government based on Qualcomm’s core technologies.
QGOV is looking for an IT PMO Lead with a proven track record of centrally managing and coordinating multiple projects with a focus to achieve and deliver on a program’s strategic objectives, outcomes, and benefits. The individual will:
– Develop, define, and execute plans of record, including schedules, budgets, resources, deliverables, and risks.
– Monitors and drives a collection of IT projects within an IT program or program(s) from initiation through delivery, interfacing with stakeholders across functions as needed.
– Monitors budget/spending, on-time delivery, and achievement of program milestones.
– Represents the program and drives alignment across stakeholders.
**Principal Duties and Responsibilities** **:**
– Supports the establishment of program governance/goals and prioritizes deliverables under minimal supervision of IT and Business stakeholders.
– Manages and takes responsibility for multiple small programs/technologies with minimal complexity or a single program/technology with moderate to high complexity by applying program management methodology, principals, frameworks and knowledge to meet deadlines.
– Builds and manages the execution of the Plan of Record (e.g., on time, on budget, within scope) for multiple small programs or a single medium to large sized program, which includes monitoring overall progress, schedule, and resource forecasting, stakeholder identification, method and frequency of communication, scope, and prioritization.
– Tracks all key metrics pertaining to a program, provides early warning for potential metric deviations and escalates in timely manner when metrics deviate significantly from Plan of Record.
– Identifies program issues/risks and creates a risk mitigation plan for multiple small programs or a single medium to large sized program. Maintains and updates the risk tracker.
– Supports team vision and objectives by motivating team.
– Supports the compliance of processes by following best practices and procedures and providing observations for process improvement. Integrates organizational change management practices to drive successful business outcomes.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
– Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a U.S. Government security clearance.
– Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– 5+ years Program Management or related work experience.
– Experience building financial business cases and delivering large, complex global projects with strict deadlines and solution sustainability.
– Ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels and within a matrixed environment of both internal and external resources.
– Advanced supplier and contract management skills.
– Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of peers and stakeholders across organizational levels, functions and geographies/cultures.
– Must be driven, self-motivated, well organized and able to thrive under ambiguity.
– Bachelor’s degree in the areas of IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
– 10+ years Program Management or related work experience.
– 2+ years experience with program management tools such as dashboards, Gantt charts, etc.
– 5+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
– 3+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
– 10-15+ years Project Management-relevant work experience in IT.
– PMO, PMP, Scrum or Six Sigma Project Management Certification.
Preferred: Master’s, Information Technology or equivalent experience
Required: Bachelor’s, Information Technology or equivalent experience
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.