POSITION: Elderly Driver
LOCATION: Red Cliff Elderly Nutrition Center
WAGE: $9.00 per hour, 20 hours per week
SUPERVISOR(S): Elderly Director and Head Cook
THIS IS A REGULAR PART-TIME NON-EXEMPT POSITION
JOB SUMMARY: Distribute home deliver meals to the Elderly/Disabled OR Transport Elderly Community Residents to the Elderly building for meals, for shopping or other Elderly Program activities when allowable to do so.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain reporting logs for transportation to personal, shopping, and/or daily meal etc.
2. Confirm Appointments when needed.
3. Distribute informational materials to recipients as assigned
4. Maintain confidentiality; Analyze and solve problems within available/appropriate means.
5. Clean vehicle completely after each transportation.
6. Wheelchair accessibility knowledge.
7. Lifting of clients using proper lifting techniques.
8. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None
1. Previous experience working with elders; preferred
2. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with elders and disabled community along with program staff in a positive manner.
3. Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles frequently and with ease.
4. Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
5. Must be able to pass a routine and caregiver background check.
6. Must be dependable, flexible, and have a genuine interest in helping elderly.
7. Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle (or access to dependable transportation) and appropriate vehicle coverage and maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment. Be eligible to be put on the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Daily contact with Nutrition Program staff, clients, and volunteers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Individual will require driving and sitting for long periods of time, bending, lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, and reaching. The driver must be able to do all movements associated with transporting and assisting clients and/or food delivery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Elderly Nutrition Site located in the Housing Authority Building. All Tribal buildings are smoke free.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Service delivery area is within Red Cliff Reservation, Town of Russel, Town of Bayfield, and City of Bayfield and Ashland.
BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: The vision, goals and objectives of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa requires that the employee performs in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance. Any behavior or attitude that tarnishes the name or image of the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa will be subject to immediate disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Indian preference will be applied in the case of equally qualified applicants, but all qualified applicants will be considered.
This job description is subject to change at employer’s discretion, after consultation with the employee.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following items are required for this position:
1. Completed Tribal Application, to include work history and references; available on the Tribal website.
2. Tribal Background Investigation Disclosure; available on the Tribal website.
3. Consent to Release Liability and Reference Information Form; available on the Tribal website.
4. Cover letter and resume.
5. Post-secondary transcripts or certifications; if applicable.
POSTING DATE: July 21, 2021
DEADLINE: August 4, 2021
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Human Resources Department
88455 Pike Road
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715)779-3700 ext. 4268 or ext. 4267
The Red Cliff Tribal Council has a Drug Free Work Place Policy and adheres to the intent of the Drug Free Work Place Act. All new hires are subject to a drug test prior to starting.
All applicants for employment with the Red Cliff Tribe will be subject to the background investigation and other requirements of RCCL Chapter 43, and are under a continuing obligation to supplement this application for employment with information concerning any convictions that occur after commencement of employment with the Tribe.
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PACKAGE – PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
1. A Health Insurance Plan which is offered through the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). FEHB is offered for both single and family coverage. Part-time employees will be on a prorated pay status depending on hours worked.
2. The Tribe offers General Leave to part-time employees as stated below:
Regular Part-time 30-37 hours/week Vacation/GL – 12 hours/month
Regular part-time 20-29 hours/week Illness/GL – 8 hours/month
3. The Tribe observes a total of 11 paid holidays.
About Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
The Red Cliff Tribal Council adopted the following mission statement on December 5, 1994.
The Tribal Council mission is "to promote, plan and provide for the health, welfare, education, environmental protection, cultural preservation and economic wellbeing of Tribal members and to protect treaty rights now and into the future."