**Job Id** T1954045
**Job Title** RFIC Design Engineers (Qualcomm Research San Diego, CA)
**Company-Division** Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Corporate Research & Development at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/research
**Job Area** Engineering – Hardware
**Location** California – San Diego
**Overview** Qualcomm’s Corporate R&D ASIC design team is currently seeking experienced RFIC designers to develop next generation wireless products. This role will include system level analysis, behavioral simulation and IC design using different innovative architectures to deliver best-in-class performance. Of particular importance will be designing low-noise amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers, VCOs, and PLLs in CMOS at frequencies above 10GHz.
Individuals in this role will be expected to:
• Work closely with systems engineer on block-level specifications
• Perform a transistor-level design in CMOS of the assigned block
• Write design review documents
• Supervise layout design of the assigned block
• Extract layout parasitics using EM modeling tools
• Participate in top-level simulations, verifications and tape out
• Participate in testing of the assigned block
We are looking for candidates that have the following experience:
• Relevant industry experience in transistor-level RFIC design in nanometer scale (65nm to 14nm) CMOS technologies
• Deep understand of the design of some of the key blocks including LNAs, Mixers, CVOs, PLLs, up/down-converters etc
• Knowledge of digital signal processing, Cadence EDA tools, EM modeling tools, RFIC layout, circuit simulators, electromagnetic simulators, or Matlab
• Ability to work with RF test equipment in the lab is essential
• Proven track record of successfully transitioning designs into production is highly desirable
Exceptional recent college graduates with highly relevant academic experience will also be considered.
**Education Requirements** Required: Master’s, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering
**EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.**
Who is Qualcomm, and what do we do? We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—invent mobile technology breakthroughs.