Position Purpose: The motel resident manager is responsible for the day-today operations of the motel/lodging facility, including managing the front desk, reservations, customer services and concierge. The resident manager will oversee and provide maintenance and appearance of the facility. Other responsibilities include customer complaints and ensuring the normal daily functions run smoothly. The resident manager will live on the premises of the motel and be available on call to handle all matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES- PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Oversee 17 motel room facility;
• Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties;
• Formulates pricing policies according to requirements for profitability motel operations;
• Coordinates promotional activities and advertising;
• Manages all inventory, reconciling cash with sales receipts, organize operating records, and preparing daily record for transactions submitted to the Tribal Fiscal Department;
• Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand;
• Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, recordkeeping procedures and practices;
• Answers customer’s complaints or inquiries;
• Locks and secure motel buildings and facility;
• Resides in onsite 3 bedroom Modular residential space, utilities included, Direct TV, Internet and annual salary;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERINCE, AND DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative or the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience in Motel management and supervisory skills;
• Skills in electrical, plumbing and maintenance;
• Ability to use computers in accounting to manage cash receipts and sales;
• Excellent communication skills;
Must have a valid California Driver’s License and proof of current auto insurance
• Must pass a detailed background check.
• Must pass a drug test.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Occasionally will have to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Bend, reach, and lift.
• Wipe and mop.
• Pack, carry and crawl.
The work environment includes both summer and seasonal visitors who come from many other locations to attend family and community events. Characteristics of the motel include the surrounding scenic views of beautiful Round Valley. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Summer weather temperature can reach up to 100 degrees and winter weather temperature reaching below 40 degrees.
• Small community with recreation and casino entertainment.
Preference in filling job vacancies will be given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 472 and 473). Round Valley Indian Tribes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Round Valley Indian Tribes
To Apply Contact:
Round Valley Indian Tribes, Personnel Department 77826 Covelo Road, Covelo CA 95248
For more information call 707.983.6126, Ext. 103 All applications must include a Resume.
Full Job Description will be available for each position when requested.