Title: Budget & Grant Coordinator
Supervisor: Compliance Executive Director
Salary: $21.39 – $25.43, FLSA Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday with infrequent weekend / evening work
Duration: Based on available funding, Full-time regular status at completion of six- month probationary period
**Hybrid Work Arrangement**
The Budget & Grant Coordinator is responsible for assisting Citizen & Client Services departments in oversight in departments’ budgets and providing assistance to the department leaders in formulating budgets for grant applications, annual tyee budget and budget modifications. This position will assist in monitoring and tracking grant timelines for renewals, close-outs and deliverables.
1. Assist Executive Directors in monitoring budgets allocations vs actuals expenses
2. Assist Executive Directors in generating financial report
3. Assist Executive Directors with development of overhead cost for Indirect Cost Proposal, Tyee budget request, and cost share allocations
4. Assist Executive Director and program directors with monitoring grant deliverables,
grant renewals and grant reporting including closeouts
5. Assist departmental leaders with budget formulations for grant applications and grant modifications
6. Assist departmental leaders with internal budget monitoring and modifications
7. Assist departmental leaders with monitoring fiscal grant requirements such as required match, administrative cost caps and credit card transactions
8. Assist departmental leaders with agency desk monitoring and audit information
9. Assist Executive Directors and departmental leaders with strategic planning and departmental growth
10. Provide information to finance department for departmental grants and financial reports used for grant reporting, compliance and/or audit and agency monitoring
11. Attend required meetings
12. Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
1. Must possess an A.A. degree in accounting or equivalent.
2. Must have two or more years of experience in accounting, preferably in a governmental fund accounting environment or three years work experience in a general business environment
3. Most possess a strong understanding of GAAP and the accounting cycle
4. Experience with accounting software is required, preferably Abila MIP Fund Accounting
5. Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and able to learn fund accounting software
6. Must possess proven analytical/conceptual skills required to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions
7. Must have capacity for accurate data entry, reconciliation, and file management with directly related experience
8. Must possess the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.)
10. Must be able to lift/carry up to 20lbs
**Obtaining full COVID-19 vaccination no later than 60 days from the hire date will be a condition of employment for all Samish employees**
1. BA Degree
Physical Demands: Long periods of sitting (60% of time); occasional bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, lifting, carrying, and pushing (20% of time); and occasional standing and walking (20% of time). Occasionally lifts/carries up to 20lbs. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to use office equipment with frequent repetitive motion such as writing, typing, paperwork-handling, and phone use. Must possess the ability to view print on a computer screen and/or paper document; the ability to speak and hear exchanging information with end users by telephone Mental/Visual Demands: Frequent mental and/or visual attention to task is required. Occasionally work requires heavy concentration. Frequent interruptions. Tasks involve eye-hand coordination.
Working Environment: Work environment is mainly indoors with heat and some air conditioning. Must sit or stand at desk for the majority of shift. Occasionally works alone without benefit of supervisor or co-worker. Unavoidable hazards/risks: Work requires minimal risks which require safety precautions (using some cleaning chemicals for light cleaning). Protective clothing or equipment may be required (goggles, gloves, masks, boots, etc.)
Samish Indian Nation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or ancestry. Samish preference and Indian preference will be applied to the selection for this position as defined in Title 25, US Code Section 473.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding the computer/electronic and hardcopy file folders containing sensitive and proprietary information about the Tribe and its members. The incumbent must maintain confidentiality of all work and files pertaining to enrollment, clients, survey results, and all other material that may identify individuals by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by the Tribal Council in the Personnel Manual. Any violation in this matter may result in immediate termination of employment.
Please state your eligibility for Indian preference in your cover letter. Indian preference must be documented prior to interview or hiring. BIA Form 4432 or tribal enrollment ID may be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference.
All persons who are offered employment with the Samish Indian Nation must give permission for a thorough background check of previous work performance, motor vehicle history, credit history and criminal history, as well as a pre-employment drug screen.