SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages and leads the development and implementation of Access and Functional Needs (AFN) and American Disability Act (ADA) strategy, related low-income and vulnerable community strategy and education to ensure company objectives are aligned across all internal stakeholders. Responsible for leading external stakeholder education and outreach for impacted customers in order to ensure excellent customer experience, regulatory compliance, and alignment with company strategies. Acts as the primary California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) contact on related proceedings and company representative on statewide and local committees and councils. Manages and leads the customer outreach team responsible for supporting planning, development, implementation and measurement of a comprehensive business and residential outreach plan to meet program and project goals, develop partnerships with key external and internal stakeholders, successfully engage our diverse customer base and position SDG&E as a trusted energy advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Leads Public Safety Power Shutoff customer support collaboration efforts with various departments across the organization such as, Regional Public Affairs, Community Relations, Legislative Affairs, Media Relations, Emergency Services, Wildfire Mitigation and Legal to achieve outreach to various stakeholders, including AFN and low-income populations, elected officials, community partners and customers. Provides EOC support as required.
– Leads the internal development and implementation of the Public Safety Power Shutoff customer support strategy to ensure alignment with the Wildfire Mitigation Program (WMP) as well as its integration into enhancing customer satisfaction with all stakeholders. Provides guidance on issues related to AFN community integration into wildfire mitigation plan, public safety power shutoff, and related efforts with other department offerings. Leads AFN unit staffing, planning, and support for Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activations.
– Provides legislative and regulatory thought-leadership and subject matter expertise on related bills and proceedings; responds to data requests and develops testimony. Provides support and education to executive leadership in response to legislative or regulatory requests. Ensure company ADA requirements and commitments are met.
– Manages the Outreach team in the development, implementation, and execution of a comprehensive outreach plan that includes goals, strategies and tactics as well as tracking and reporting on performance of the outreach team and any matrixed support functions to meet program goals and support company initiatives. Collaborate with various departments across the organization including but not limited to Government & Public Affairs, Media Relations, Community Relations, Marketing & Communications, Regulatory, Legal to coordinate outreach and leverage opportunities with various stakeholders, including elected officials, community partners and customers.
– Manages a team in the development, implementation, and execution of outreach events and initiatives related to wildfire mitigation efforts with AFN community and connected communities including tracking and reporting on performance of a dedicated outreach team and a matrix team.
– Responsible for management of costs according to annual budget targets, including incorporation of mandated spending requirements. Collaborates with budget planning on forecasts for future years including GRC planning.
– Responsible for directing, planning, preparation and administration department budgets, process improvements and workforce plans.
– Oversight and management of 3rd party contracts, including invoice approval.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy or other related field of study or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 8 years’ experience in customer service, external affairs, or a related field that demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer needs and behaviors.
– 3 years’ experience with risk analysis/mitigation, or business strategy.
– 1 years’ experience handling all aspects of employee management, including performance management, training, and development.
– Travel is required within the service territory to various company locations in addition to potential travel outside of the territory to attend meetings, training, and conferences.
– Required to participate in Emergency Operations Center (EOC) when activated.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– 3 years’ experience with regulatory filings and development of program proposals, to include management and operations.
– 2 years’ experience with the wildfire mitigation plan or emergency response.
– Knowledge of AFN strategy, new solutions, community partners and in-depth understanding of regulatory processes
– Awareness of key regulatory and legislative issues facing the Company and its customers.
– Demonstrated ability to think strategically and anticipate customer needs and concerns. Ability to develop and implement solutions to overcome obstacles.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills to set a clear direction with inspiration. Comfortable presenting strategies and plans to senior executives.
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster partnerships with diverse groups of stakeholders including by not limited to California Investor-Owned Utilities (IOU), other utilities, Community Based Organizations (CBO’s), the CPUC and the marketplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.