SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide leadership and on-going direction to the Accounts Payable organization. Ensures that the company’s accounts payable obligations are met efficiently. Ensures that the Accounts Payable organization is performing their job responsibilities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Oversee the routine ongoing departmental activities to ensure they are completed accurately and timely.
– Participate and provide expertise with company initiatives and projects.
– Manage the preparation of analysis, reporting requirements, financial information to management and external parties.
– Set and facilitate the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
– Manage, motivate, mentor, and develop staff to ensure accuracy, timeliness of deliverables, and consistent quality of work product. Provide direction, feedback, and coaching to employees to ensure performance standards, goals, and key performance indicators are met.
– Responsible for directing, planning, preparation and administration department budgets, process improvements and workforce plans.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or other related field of study or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 8 years previous experience or equivalent training.
– 1 year experience leading or directly managing employees including performance management, training and development.
– Ability to convey, in original written correspondence and reports, complex technical matters in a clear and concise manner, adapted to customer needs (technical and non-technical audience).
– Ability to develop alternative solutions to issues within functional area of responsibility to maximize attainment of the department’s and company’s missions.
– Ability to see the big picture and interpret accounting and financial theories and concepts.
– Thorough knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem solving.
– Skills in leadership and team building, organizing, planning, controlling, coordinating, and delegating to effectively manage and develop staff and achieve organizational goals.
– Negotiation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence those with divergent opinions toward consensus.
– Requires problem solving skills and working knowledge of financial methodologies and techniques.
– Working knowledge of and proficiency with accounting systems, computer applications and automation capability and associated internal controls.
– Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
– Ability to identify issues and apply concepts by partnering with stakeholders to create solutions to business issues.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
– CPA, CIA or other professional designations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.