SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Working primarily independently under limited supervision, performs advanced and highly complex administrative/clerical functions including: word processing or typing letters, memoranda and forms, orders supplies, maintains files, responding to emails, answers telephones, schedules appointments/ conferences including arranging meals for attendees, makes travel arrangements, department event planning, processing expense reports, receives visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Plans or schedules own work.
– Coordinates and/or takes lead responsibility on special projects requiring advanced skills.
– Schedule meetings, department events, keep email distribution lists current, order supplies, process expense reports.
– May provide work direction for clerical group; may review work of others; may train others.
– Uses business applications software and peripheral equipment (e.g., complex databases, advanced presentation graphics, detailed spreadsheets using original formulas, operates fax machines, copy machines, etc.).
– Composes correspondence and reports for supervisor’s signature.
– Researches, abstracts and compiles information and data for analyses.
– Reviews written material for accuracy and completeness; checks calculations for accuracy; reconciles report data; maintains complex accounting ledgers, petty cash funds, inventory, etc.
– May process time sheets, payroll, cashiering, budget, expense accounts and other financial records, etc.
– Assist with onboarding of new employees, transfers and terminations review Access Manager for badge set up and email addresses. Order laptops, peripheral equipment, software, etc. and request system user accesses.
– Assist with annual records retention, update business resumption plan.
– Follows established safety procedures.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– H.S. Diploma/GED.
– 5+ years of clerical and administrative experience.
– Proficiency in computer software applications.
– Must be able to operate a computer and peripheral equipment for Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, Access database and Powerpoint.
– Must possess intermediate math skills and be able to operate a calculator.
– Effective oral and written communications skills required.
– Ability to handle multiple activities/projects and meet deadlines.
– Must have strong reading comprehension, problem-solving and reasoning skills.
– College courses/vocational training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.