SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancements of existing systems within the business unit. To provide a leadership role in an effort to analyze, develop specifications, implement and support systems; apply structured systems development methodology to ensure optimum benefit, conduct audits pertaining to the design, implementation and operation of systems and enhancements; analyze, evaluate and report on audit findings; perform systems acceptance testing and contract administration duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage medium/large system initiatives such as complex system enhancements or new system development utilizing proven system development methodologies.
– Lead development project team that includes business clients and analysts.
– Work closely in coordinating projects with the strategic initiatives team and IT.
– Provide guidance and direction in an effort to troubleshoot existing or potential system modifications; evaluate and plan for effects on systems; plan and request software changes.
– Manages and maintains processes, tools, data and methods within the organization.
– Proactive in identifying, developing, and presenting business process changes, and conduct post implementation analysis; develop and review project reports.
– Schedules and leads meetings, prepares meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and scheduled status reports.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business administration, finance, project management or a related field.
– 5+ years increasingly responsible experience in the areas of testing technical applications, business/project management, customer service, finance, or information technology.
– Must have the ability to lead a team to achieve high levels of performance and be a Team Player.
– HP Quality Center Test Management experience.
– Ability to manage projects and have persuasiveness and negotiations skills.
– Proven success on previous system development projects whereby skills have been developed that enable the ability to lead a complex system enhancement or new system project.
– Ability to serve as liaison between business unit employees and Information Technologies developers to transform business objectives into information technology solutions.
– Must have the ability to gather and analyze complex data, reach conclusions, develop alternatives, make decisions and take action to implement changes.
– Ability to Utilize the IT Product Lifecycle methodologies to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and meet business needs.
– Must have a strong attention to detail, financial analysis, and timeline/Project skills.
– Knowledge of Business Practices and ability to define system change impacts on business processes.
– Proficient writing skills are necessary for routine communications and to prepare documentation such as Requirements, Test Plans, Implementation Plans, Training Materials, etc.
– Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills are required.
– Strong computer skills are required to demonstrate competency in company supported desktop software (i.e., Microsoft Products including Project, PowerPoint, and Visio).
– Knowledge of database environments (i.e., Access, SQL).
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.