SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Implement IT solutions which address business needs. Provides systems analyses, configuration design, imaging build, and technical support on mobile computing hardware, software and related connectivity for electric and gas operations personnel to ensure efficient work assignment dispatch and completion and enable execution of daily work activities in a safe and reliable manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Perform complex systems analyses and procedures to identify defects, related process gaps or moderately complex issues on computer or network hardware and associated specialized software systems for electric and gas operations end users.
– Design and test configuration settings of non-IT supported mobile computing software applications and imaging tailored to various unique operations work groups. Deploy new configurations including related security policies and applications changes through application programming interfaces. Develop and implement device management processes to control, secure and enforce policies on field computing devices such as mobile data terminals, tablets and other endpoints.
– Provide technical support on mobile computing hardware, software and related connectivity. Oversee technical helpline duties including receiving, documenting and managing incident calls and independently administers appropriate action for resolution. – Provide management and status reports on all requests. Manage and maintain processes, tools, data and methods within the organization.
– Facilitate meetings with relevant business partners, end users and associated leads to gather and document technical and functional requirements for enhancements. Recommend optimal solution and drives deployment processes.
– Create test prototypes or scripts coordinating with IT to verify which solutions meet the enhancement and end user requirements. Document testing processes and results. Provide input on user interface design.
– Receive, document and manage incident calls and independently administers appropriate action for resolution. Provides management and status reports on all requests.
– Manage and maintain processes, tools, data and methods as they apply to supporting the electric and gas field personnel.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Business, computer systems, information technology related field or equivalent training and experience.
– 3 years Information technology support professional, business systems analyst, help desk administrator or related experience.
– Knowledge of helpline best practices, processes and tools desired.
– Knowledge of computer hardware and Windows operating system and iOS (certifications desirable).
– Knowledge of mobile Virtual Private Network, Access Point Names (APNs) and network wired and wireless technologies (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
– Knowledge of computing and networking concepts.
– Knowledge on Mobile Device Management and Over-the-air programming (OTA).
– Knowledge of IT/OT technology.
– Knowledge in Windows Software Development.
– Knowledge of computer imaging process, patching and scripting.
– Ability to write unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements).
– Knowledge of project management and testing methodology.
– Ability to manage through multiple priorities and tasks.
– Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to be detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
– Knowledge of business units and business processes across SDG&E.
– Knowledge of business process, roles/responsibility, and industry.
– Ability to prioritize clients and have a sense of urgency.
– Communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms.
– May require travel to/from district centers and office facilities at least twice a week for business partner or client meetings.
– May require working outside normal business hours and/or during business urgent or critical events.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– CompTIA Network+
– Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA)
– ITIL Foundation certification
– Microsoft 365: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
June 7, 2023
$81,600.00 – $122,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.