SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Coordinate the development and implementation of external communications plans and programs to support the strategic goals and business objectives of San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E). Manage projects by leading internal resources and external suppliers. Make presentations to management on project status and recommend solutions to various challenges. Support projects through copy writing and content development for both printed and electronic communications vehicles, tracking budgets and expenditures, and project management of internal and external resources. Work with graphic designers and printers on fulfillment of projects to ensure timelines are met. Meet with internal clients to develop content and use external resources as needed. Lead projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide front-line interface with news media.
– Monitor media hot line.
– Triage media calls to Media Communications staff.
– Fulfill basic information and photo requests from the news media.
– Coordinate executive media-training classes.
– Respond to media inquires during rotating after-hours beeper duty beeper duty.
– Draft news releases and coordinate approvals.
– Proofs news releases and other public statements/documents.
– Manage client relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; recommend and execute media and internal communications activities.
– Write internal communications stories.
– Serve as backup for communications managers for their beats.
– Prepare weekly activity reports for department.
– Prepare officer bios.
– Process and track vendor invoices.
– Provide budget research and support.
– Respond 24/7 to operational and other company emergencies. When the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is open, serve a variety of basic communications roles, including triaging media calls, routing press releases and monitoring news coverage.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– College coursework or degree.
– 5+ Years communications education or professional experience.
– Proficiency in computer software applications, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
– Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, both verbally and in written form.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
– Ability to understand different audiences, their needs and potential reactions to communications strategies, and corporate intranets.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Bilingual in Spanish
– Preferably in Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations.
*** May be filled at the Manager level based on qualifications ***
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$81,600.00 – $122,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.