SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Provides leadership for the planning, development, execution and implementation of contracts and related compliance requirements critical to the company’s delivery of customer programs. This includes energy efficiency, demand response, customer assistance, engineering services and systems support. Primarily responsible for all contracting needs of the department which includes leading the Third-Party solicitations and Request for Proposal processes; managing and interfacing with a Procurement Review Group comprised of multiple external stakeholder and Independent Evaluators; leading the negotiation and execution of contracts; and strategizing regulatory filings and positions. In addition, this position plays a key role in representing the company with other Investor Owned Utilities (IOU) and regulators across the state.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Leads, manages, and monitors all activities to deliver successful Third-Party contracts including scope, schedule, budget, proposal scoring, bidder interviews, contract development, negotiation, execution, and management. Identifies risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans. Develops and maintains parameters for project and proposal requirements and present business justification.
– Analyzes and determines the impacts of regulatory decisions. Develops contracting strategies that align with regulatory decisions and the strategic direction of the company while ensuring that contracts align with all compliance and reporting requirements.
– Collaborates with internal departments, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to define requirements, assess alternatives, and present solutions to business needs and challenges. Compiles, reviews, and presents reports for senior management including audits, data requests and contracts.
– Provides outreach and education regarding the company’s Third-Party Solicitation program by attending and participating at meetings, workshops, and conferences with California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and other external stakeholders involved in this process.
– Responsible for budget management and resource planning. Directs, controls and monitors team members, both internal and outside contractors, in the completion of their work. Manages related workforce planning, budget analysis, and budget forecasts.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Public Administration, Business, Finance, Operations or other related field.
– 8 years Related experience in project management, supply management, operations, customer service and/or customer programs.
– 2 years Supervisory experience.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Skills and Abilities:
– Strong knowledge of contracting with the ability to proactively identify legal or financial risks and provide timely recommendations and mitigation strategies.
– Strong negotiation and persuasion skills to influence and manage internal and external stakeholder issues and requirements while delivering company needs and protecting company interests.
– Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability and versatility to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
– Results-oriented with the ability to think strategically and tactically, with strong conceptual and analytical skills.
– Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver results when faced with regulatory, political, or budgetary constraints.
– Able to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
– Knowledge of the regulatory environment, policies, and utility programs.
– Able to work with multiple unknowns and manage risk.
– Knowledge of project management principles and best practices.
– Master’s Degree in a related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$118,900.00 – $178,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.