SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
In this highly visible position, the Customer Programs Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing management of energy efficiency/demand-side management programs for a specific customer segment (e.g., residential, commercial & industrial, local governments). This includes developing and executing strategic plans directed to the future of the segment, originating regulatory filings for new and existing customer programs, and managing respective portions of the segment budgets ranging from approximately $10 million – $40 million in refundable O&M. The position will also develop strategies for synergies between other Program Administrators in California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Oversight of day-to-day operations of the segments staff, including reviewing program progress, identification of efficiencies and planning activities.
– Supervisory responsibilities for a staff of five to ten direct reports.
– Representation of SDG&E on intrastate utility committees charged with addressing regulatory mandates and developing statewide programs.
– Origination and integration of long-range strategic plans pertaining to segment.
– Representation of SDG&E in industry trade groups and professional organizations pertaining to energy matters.
– Coordination with internal and external clients to ensure the segment is meeting the needs of its customers.
– Management of segment operating budgets.
– Development of new and innovative customer programs.
– Origination of regulatory filings and/or new customer program proposals.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Preferably in business, engineering, or marketing or equivalent experience.
– 5+ years – Relevant experience.
– Excellent interpersonal and business communications skills with a proven record of working with diverse groups of people.
– General supervisory skills including performance planning and review highly desirable.
– Analytical skills and financial acumen to oversee budgets and use metrics and strategies to improve programs.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Some experience with regulatory filings.
– Knowledge of and experience with SDG&E’s customer programs is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$107,700.00 – $161,600.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.