SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Provide training, development, consultation, and facilitation for individuals and groups within the company with a focus on soft skills, personal effectiveness, supervisory skills, change management, analytical thinking and career management needs. Match the right learning solution to the right situation, including the use of Webinars and e-Solutions. Work with clients and other sections of Human Resources to address training-related issues of concern involving performance and business unit goals and objectives. Key player in the development and deployment of strategies of specific program offerings and courses provided in partnership with vendors. Participate in planning for future needs of employees at the utilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Provide face to face training in one-on-one, small and large group environments. Conduct learning experiences and utilize a variety of teaching techniques including role playing, experiential learning, learning through creativity and creating a positive learning experience.
– Develop comprehensive learning programs and solutions through partnership with stakeholders and external vendors. Understand organizational learning needs to translate those into well-designed programs. Assess training needs and develop training plan and curriculum.
– Responsible for project management of assigned programs, including vendor management, linking solutions to strategic direction of company, researching best practices and identifying cutting-edge learning opportunities, designing evaluation systems, analyzing feedback and reporting relevant metrics.
– Improve training effectiveness by developing new measures, approaches, techniques; make support readily available; integrate support with routine job functions.
– Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations, in order to bring those new skills and solutions to SEU.
– Maintain the portfolio of University Partnership and external leadership offerings.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Communications, Instructional Technology, or equivalent experience.
– 3 years experience as an instructor, facilitator or trainer.
– 3 years experience in designing and facilitating learning curriculum for both on-site instructor and online/distance learning solutions.
– Requires excellent project management, conceptual, collaboration, and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively execute program management responsibilities.
– Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, take initiative, challenge the status quo, and deliver exceptional, consistent results.
– Requires excellent presentation and facilitation skills both in-person and through e-solutions.
– Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
– Requires project management skills to support various HR and organization initiatives.
– Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and methods for evaluating training needs and effectiveness.
– Requires strong conceptual and analytical skills.
– Ability to use computer and on-line resources to support training and development.
– Requires ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Requires travel within service territory.
– Master’s Degree.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
May 12, 2023
$81,600.00 – $122,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.