SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
To perform evaluations of the quality of services and products Fleet provides its customers. Accomplished through conducting inspections of Preventive Maintenance, Biennial Inspection of Terminal (BIT) and other services, equipment or products and documenting results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Performs pre-delivery inspections to ensure rental work equipment meets company, industry and regulatory standards.
– Responsible for conducting inspections and evaluations of repairs completed by vendors or garage personnel.
– Performs evaluations of mechanic performance in relation to job standards.
– Provides feedback to appropriate personnel or vendors regarding the quality of services or products.
– Facilitates BIT (Biennial Inspection of Terminals) program at Company locations.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– H.S. Diploma/GED
– 3+ years related experience. Experience should include a thorough knowledge of Fleet operations.
– Must have demonstrated ability to absorb formal training and schooling.
– Must be able to utilize standard computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Certification in two types of Non-Destructive Examination methods such as magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, or ultrasonic inspection.
– Technical/Vocational education
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$66,000.00 – $99,000.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.