SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Under the guidance of the IT Assoc & Intern Program Mgr, the Team Lead is both a people leader and program administrator. The Team Lead will supervise a team of IT associate, intern direct reports and manage overall development and delivery of program activities and events. This position includes project management, advising and mentoring, consultation, budget and financial planning, and reporting and metrics. The team lead will oversee communications to team members and rotation managers and teams, approve all employee-related information, and conduct performance reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities
– People Leader – Responsible for the career growth of SCG and SDG&E IT associates and interns including technical, professional, and leadership development; foster a collaborative and supportive team environment; make decisions independently while overseeing, supporting, and mentoring team members; provide insight, analysis, and review of work performance through on-going communications, 1×1 consultations, and performance development dialogues; serve as a day-to-day resource for team members; monitor and approve time for employees.
– Program Administration – Plan, execute, and facilitate team and client meetings, program activities, and events including lunch and learns, associate and intern rotation presentations, rotation manager presentations, mentor/mentee assignments, and team building activities; engage rotation managers and leads in mentoring and networking activities; collaborate with program team to host bi-annual rotation assignment process; partner with managers across IT and the business to bring forward innovative technical rotation opportunities.
– Recruiting/Campus Leads – Partner with HR Staffing and lead program efforts to recruit, interview, and onboard new talent; engage and coach associates assigned to Campus Leads annually; organize campus events, network and build relationships with campus organizations; extend recruiting and STEM outreach to drive continued diversity in the future talent pool; coach rotation managers and leads in interview and selection process.
– Budget – Support management of program labor and non-labor O&M budgets; continuously seek capital charging allocations for rotation assignments; oversee revolving forecast of 5-year outlook around labor and headcount.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Engineering or other related related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
– 5 years – related experience.
– Strong team building, leadership, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills required.
– Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
– Requires innovation and creativity with solving challenges.
– Ability to address ethically challenging situations and handle diverse collaborative scenarios.
– Ability to work and communicate with leadership, including executives.
– Requires analytical thinking, organization and time management.
– Ability to successfully collaborate and influence across business units.
– High growth mindset and an exemplar role model.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification is desirable.
– Prior experience as a Business Analyst or Advisor is highly desirable.
– Resource management experience including matrix management, multi-cross functional groups, and hiring is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.