SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
– Performs water chemistry analysis, fuel oil analysis, general chemical analysis, and environmental testing; extraction and sampling experience (liquids and solids).
– Familiarity with Test Methods (Title 22 Metals & BTEX, HEM ETC).
– Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
– Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
– Must have good safety habits
– Must have knowledge of chemistry and physics acquired through college level courses
– Must have strong background in mathematics
– Must have the ability to perform heavy manual labor
– Must have the ability to distinguish the color red from the color blue
– Must have a good attendance record
– Must have a valid California driver’s license
– Must be able to work at high elevations
– Must be able to work in confined areas or spaces
– 3 years of Laboratory experience
Candidates should be aware that this position, as is the case in most positions within the Company, requires successful bidders to work overtime, which includes extended days, call-outs for emergency work, weekend work and holiday work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
FIELD: Work in the field due to the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
$85,238.00 – $102,898.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: The salary for this position is governed by the terms of a collective bargaining agreement.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as paid parental leave and employee assistance programs.