SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Performs maintenance planning and parts management for Palomar and Miramar power plants. Manages work flows and schedules for the workgroups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manages the Continuous Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including system troubleshooting.
– Collaborates with OM staff to plan and manage daily maintenance activities.
– Collaborates with OM staff to manage outages, planned and unplanned.
– Oversees operation of storeroom activities, including development and maintenance of inventory control.
– Manage part procurement activities, including interfacing with vendors, suppliers, and Supply Mgmt.
– Provide staff training for CMMS.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience highly desirable, including 2 to 5 years’ experience in a power plant or similar environment.
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills to maintain working relationships at all levels.
– Ability to organize, analyze, and develop solutions to technical and organizational issues with tact and diplomacy.
– Understanding of business issues, utility design, construction activities, safety orders, and company policies.
– Ability to work independently and with a high level of initiative.
– Good oral and written communication skills.
– Must have good overall knowledge of power plant maintenance activities, and storeroom operations.
– Experience in combined cycle and aero-derivate.
– Experience with a CMMS system and SAP experience.
May require some availability on weekends as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.