SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Independently manage small-scale department projects. Primary support and co-lead role in organizing and controlling large-scale project activities under the direction of a Project Manager or Business Manager. Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to project team. Keep Project Managers or Business Manager informed about project status and issues that may impact progress or relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Independently manage small-scale department projects. Responsible for costing, resource planning, project plan development and implementation.
– Coordinate and co-lead project meetings, drafting of meeting agendas, record meetings minutes, track action items and ensure completion to support progress.
– Support and co-lead development and analysis of project scoping documents, budgets, schedules and continuous controls in areas of schedule and cost analysis, tracking, forecasting, financial reconciliation and audit for large-scale projects.
– Support and co-lead licensing and permitting for large-scale projects including, but not limited to; the organization and preparation of applications, comments, discovery responses, testimony, exhibits in collaboration with project stakeholders, subject matter experts, Environmental and Regulatory departments as well as external agencies.
– Support and co-lead contract (engineering, procurement and construction) development, analysis and management for large-scale projects including, but not limited to: collaboration with Supply Management and Legal departments; preparation, issuance and tracking of RFPs, contract notices, corrective action requests, transmittals, submittals; change order and invoice validation and processing.
– Oversee and manage project documentation and project closeout process including, but not limited to: collaboration with Document Control group in development of project specific document repository database, tracking and coordinating document revisions and distribution, delivering project lessons learned, turnover of record project documentation to record owners.
– Track and update project progress utilizing program databases, develop reports and presentations for management as required.
– Participate in departmental and cross-departmental initiatives aligned with Company strategies.
– Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree.
– 3+ years – Experience in providing support to project management team on large-scale construction projects or equivalent experience in similar role.
– Proficient in MS Office Suite required.
– Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to interact independently with all levels of management and non-management.
– Proficient in data collection and information management with strong organizational, analytical, written and presentation skills.
– Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
– Proficiency in MS Project, Primavera, SharePoint, SAP, and ECM is desirable.
– Familiarity with large-scale energy infrastructure project licensing/permitting, public affairs, environmental and regulatory compliance, and contracting, scheduling, budgeting, general project controls, and construction is desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
May 23, 2023
$72,100.00 – $108,200.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.