SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Performs financial and economic analysis for strategic initiatives and incremental projects. Communicates key financial information to allow management to make informed decisions. Provides support for regulatory filings by drafting testimony, modeling revenue requirements, performing cost benefit analysis, cost recovery, financial support for intervenor data requests and regulatory filings/proceedings (GRC and annual transmission rate filings). Provides project financial and status updates for Sempra Energy Earnings Call, Analyst Conference, and quarterly SEC reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Performs financial and economic analysis for strategic initiatives and incremental projects. Communicates key financial information to allow management to make informed decisions. Provides financial analysis and economic evaluation for potential projects including growth initiatives, special projects, and new technology. Provides support for regulatory filings by drafting testimony, modeling revenue requirements, performing cost benefit analysis, cost recovery, financial support for intervenor data requests, and regulatory filings/proceedings (GRC and annual transmission rate filings).
– Using spreadsheet modeling, prepares revenue requirements and stand‐alone financial statements for regulatory proceedings and other strategic analysis. Works with operational project managers to gather project details required to perform analysis. Works with financial planning personnel to deliver information for the Quarterly Outlooks, 10‐Year and Calendarized Plans. Prepares summaries of each project to be distributed to senior management as part of the Plan/Outlook process.
– Provides project financial and status updates for Sempra Energy Earnings Call, Analyst Conference, and quarterly SEC reporting requirements. Assists with financial reviews of PPAs, R&D contracts, and others as required Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or equivalent training experience.
– 8-10 years – Applied related experience.
– Possess a thorough understanding of the “big picture” and ability to interpret accounting, regulatory and financial theories and concepts, and develop alternative solutions to the Company’s current business and regulatory issues to enhance shareholder value.
– Ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audience.
– Possess strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence those with divergent opinions toward consensus.
– Good knowledge of “generally accepted accounting principles”.
– Understanding of the inter-relationship of “utility rate making”, tax, and finance concepts.
– Must have a thorough understanding of accounting and costing principles and methodologies (e.g., Activity Based Costing).
– Must have the ability to interpret accounting and financial theories and to apply them in problem solving.
– Must have the ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
– Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and problem-solving abilities.
– Work with minimal supervision and direction.
– Must possess the ability to analyze and complex financial information, review and assess multi-faceted problems, and propose innovative solutions.
– Must have strong leadership, strategic thinking, and analytical skills and demonstrated success of handling multiple initiatives. Strong written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence required.
– Master’s Degree Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
– Where position is responsible to support region/customer services management, a solid experience in these areas’ operations and related processes.
– Previous experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
– CMA, CPA or other professional certification.
– Where applicable, a working knowledge of region operations and customer services and related processes are highly preferred.
– Advanced skills with Excel, Power Point and financial modeling preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$106,300.00 – $159,500.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.