SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Assist the Real Estate Portfolio Manager in developing and implementing strategies in conjunction with other departments to optimize the Real Estate assets. Implement programs ensuring all real estate assets are utilized to their maximum efficiency from a functional, physical, location, financial, and regulatory perspective. Related responsibilities include internal assessments of the company’s real estate assets and researching various governmental agency policies as needed to determine the impact of regulations on company properties for current holdings and future requirements. Includes involvement in both the capital budgeting process and revenue flows in order to make recommendations to Senior Management detailing how to achieve the most favorable regulatory and financial outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Collaborate with Portfolio Planning, Land Services, Facilities Management, Capital Programs and Operating Groups to assess real estate needs and optimize same.
– Work with Operating Groups to determine if there is either excess property or need to acquire additional property to ensure company’s operational and financial objectives are met.
– Develop and maintain a current comprehensive database of the real estate portfolio.
– Develop budgets and financial models in conjunction with financial analysts to determine the most favorable scenarios for major corporate real estate decisions.
– Interact with governmental agencies to determine land use constraints and opportunities with respect to company operations and requirements.
– Consult with the Real Estate Portfolio Manager on developing presentations with recommendations to Senior Management for major corporate real estate decisions.
– Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Economics, finance, business management, real estate, related field or equivalent training and experience.
– 8 years – Previous experience or equivalent training and or experience.
– Real estate experience involving land planning or construction management with a working knowledge of governmental agency regulations.
– Comprehensive business perspective and understanding of business strategies is essential.
– Must have good comprehension of engineering cost analysis and ability to review construction and land development proposals.
– Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
– A valid California driver’s license or reliable transportation.
– MBA or Master’s degree in related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$118,900.00 – $178,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.