SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Function as a department expert and advisor on Advanced Clean Technology resources including energy storage, microgrids, distributed energy resources (DERs), and others. Act as a project lead over complex engineering projects and/or studies within Advanced Clean Technology, collaborating with other business units as needed in developing and enhancing Advanced Clean Technology projects and strategies to achieve corporate objectives. Oversee project teams across multiple cross functional organizations to develop and implement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manages clean technology projects, including preparation of contracts, contract negotiations, coordinates and collaborates with other departments within SDG&E, coordinates and collaborates with other similar projects/parties externally, monitoring of projects (e.g., project reports, project meetings, etc.), completion of project work and reporting of results. Ensures projects meet milestones and budget constraints. Plans and manages budgets.
– Provides technical expertise to one or multiple project teams for the evaluation of, and resolution to, problems and designs involving various disciplines. Follows up on recommendations and/or acceptance of conclusions to assess accuracy and/or completeness.
– Develops internal network of stakeholders within SDG&E to help identify business and customer needs, interests and technology priorities. Participates in various internal advisory committees for the purposes of providing input on current and future projects, needs and activities. Communicates project status with internal clients.
– Analyzes and determines regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications.
– Establishes and maintains effective business relationships with key industry stakeholders ( e.g., GTI, EPRI, utilities, etc..) for the purposes of project collaboration. Develops external networks and monitors other technology development.
– Identifies and performs due diligence on latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry. Evaluate competitive technologies.
– Assists with development of corporate strategies which leverage the value of advanced clean technologies to the benefit of SDG&E and its customers. Develops and implements short/long-term technology strategies to meet the needs and priorities of SDG&E and its customers.
– Performs analysis on opportunities and threats to the business related to or arising from advanced clean technologies and supports the development of strategies and policy objectives to address such issues, while ensuring alignment with SDG&E’s goals. Complies with regulatory reporting requirements.
– Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, business, related discipline, or equivalent training and/or experience required.
– 8 years – Experience in technology development, related customer service functions, project management, or database management.
– Strong understanding of innovation and development of technology, policy, regulatory, legislative, or compliance within the power industry.
– Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders (including Senior Management, regulatory entities, developers, community groups).
– Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
– Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences.
– Must have the ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
– Able to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional assignments and projects.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Master’s Degree in business, finance or marketing is preferred.
– 3 years – Experience within the energy industry.
– 2 years – Experience in renewable energy, distributed energy resources (DERs), energy storage, energy markets, or transmission or distribution planning.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
Posting End Date
June 10, 2023
$118,900.00 – $178,400.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.