SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Manages and directs material forecasting in collaboration with project teams for Electric & Gas large-scale, major projects within the stakeholder business units. Responsible for the development of material demand forecast schedules and collaborates with internal teams to ensure adequate supply. If adequate material supply is not available, works with relevant teams to adjust budgets, scope, schedules as needed. Also manages the department’s SOX audit and compliance program. Prepares, negotiates, and approves contracts for contractors or consultants necessary to complete these tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates and design. Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements. Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team. Coordinate input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective.
– Analyze and determine regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications.
– Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance. Research and evaluate available contractors and consultants. Prepare, negotiate and approve or recommend approval of contracts. Negotiate contracts changes.
– Manage related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepare budget forecasts.
– Testify before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
– Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
– Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Business, related field, or equivalent training and experience.
– 6 years – Project management or related experience.
– Project management knowledge required.
– Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
– Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
– Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
– We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
– Master’s Degree MBA or advanced degree.
– Project management certification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
HYBRID: Work a combination of onsite and remote days each week, typically 2-3 days per week.
$106,300.00 – $159,500.00
Total Rewards Philosophy
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.